This blog discuss the best and easiest provinces to immigrate to Canada in 2020. This blog is country agnostic so whether you want to immigrate to Canada from China, Philippines, India, UAE, UK, Europe or any other country, most of these streams will still apply to you. Different provinces have different professions in which it is easier to immigrate, lets discuss various options:
1. Are you looking to immigrate to Canada as IT professional ?
BC Tech Pilot Program (Expired June 2019)
Processing Time: 2-3 months
Weekly invitations are issued to qualified registrants.
BC PNP Tech Pilot is not a separate category under BC PNP, instead you have to meet the general requirements of BC PNP under existing categories.
Vancouver Economic Commission and BC Tech Association have identified, access to tech talent as the biggest issue and posing barrier to economic growth. So this Tech Pilot focuses on the 29 tech occupations that are in high demand in the tech sector. The complete list of the 29 in-demand tech occupations can be found here.
Feature which makes immigration easy through this category is leniency on language test, which means:
- If you are applying under NOC Skill Type B, C or D then minimum of CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) level 4 for English or French language proficiency is required.
- If your job if classified under NOC Skill Type 0 or A, no language test results are required at time of registration unless you’re claiming points for language.
BC PNP Tech Pilot key features are based on service, timeliness, prioritization and engagement in response to the needs of the industry:
- Service: A dedicated BC PNP concierge for tech employers provides tailored information and navigation assistance of immigration programs and processes.
- Timeliness: Weekly invitations to apply are issued to qualified skilled tech workers, minimizing the wait for employers and their prospective employees.
- Prioritization: Tech applications are prioritized during processing to meet the sector’s fast-paced demands.
- Engagement: Continuous support to tech sector employers through proactive engagement activities and participation at key industry events.
2. Immigrate to Canada as skilled worker (NOC 0/A/B)?
Saskatchewan immigrants nomination program (SINP)
Processing Time: 4 – 5 months (approx. for >85% applications)
Saskatchewan has international skilled worker programs which does not requires individual to have a job offer and province has been known to have short processing time of 4 – 5 months. Two categories of Saskatchewan PNP which will be of interest here are:
- Saskatchewan Express Entry which requires an individual to have and active CIC Express Entry (EE) profile
- Saskatchewan Occupation In-Demand Stream which does not requires individual to have an active CIC EE profile.
Both these categories have few things in common and compared to other PNP programs make it realatively easy for individuals to immigrate:
- Need experience in either one of the Saskatchewan In-Demand occupation or in high skilled occupations listed in NOC O, A or B.
- Need English or French language score with Canadian Like Benchmarking (CLB) 4 or greater.
- Need minimum 60 out of 100 points in province point system. Check your eligibility here.
3. Immigrate as skilled worker in French Speaking stream
Quebec Skilled Worker Program
Processing Time: 6 – 12 monthsWith new Expression Of Interest (EOI) based selection, processing times have considerably shortened.
After Ontario, Quebec holds title of inviting highest number of immigrants to province through multiple streams. Also Immigrants to Québec secure great opportunities and best quality of life in both urban and suburb regions.
August 2, 2018 onwards Candidates keen in applying for immigration to Quebec will start the process by creating a profile in the Quebec Expression of Interest (EOI) Bank. Once selected, candidates are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) with which candidate has to start Federal IRCC process for Permanent Residency.
So as to meet all requirements for a CSQ, you must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration determination factors described underneath. Minimum 50 points are required for if you are unmarried, while you have to score no less than 59 points if you will be accompanied by your spouse or common law partner. Detailed guide of selection guide and score matrix can be found here.
- Level of education
- Area of training
- Work experience
- Knowledge of French and English (Minimum CLB 7 (advance intermediate) level for French and CLB 5 (intermediate) level is threshold set for candidates language proficiency )
- Family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident
- Employment offer validated by the Ministère.
4. Are you Long Haul Truck Driver ?
Prince Edward Island Critical Workers Stream
Processing Time: 6 months approximately
Note: Starting June 2019, all approved trucking sector employers in Prince Edward Island can utilize Critical Worker Stream for recruitment of candidates outside Canada. With this new process all approved candidates will be granted a a work permit support letter.
PEI Critical Worker stream is all about low-skilled positions (NOC skill level C or D) which Island employers are unable to fill locally. Truck driver is one of five listed professions making it really attractive way for truck drivers to immigrate and hence get an PR. To be eligible under this stream one must have:
- Permanent or Full time job offer from approved PEI employer for minimum two years.
- Language proficiency test with at least CLB 4 score.
- In past 5 years, minimum two years full time experience in his / her profession.
- Worked with a PEI employer for a minimum of six months (which is not applicable for international candidates)
5. Are you skilled worker / entrepreneur and happen to have connection with Manitoba ?
Manitoba Skilled Worker Stream
Processing Time: 4 months approximately
Note: Candidate applying under any Manitoba PNP stream must have a connection to province which is not superseded by a connection to any other province
As per statistics mentioned on Manitoba website, it welcomed approximately 15,000 immigrants last year. Out of those Manitoba nominees, 85 per cent started working 3 months after arrival, 76 per cent were homeowners within 5 years and 95 per cent of families settled permanently within Manitoba community. Manitoba also supports Federal initiative to increase French Speaking population outside Quebec , by aiming to welcome 700 Francophones every year.
Manitoba PNP has following streams:
- Skilled workers
- Skilled worker in Manitoba
- Skilled worker overseas
- Business Investor Stream
- Entrepreneur pathway
- Farm Investor pathway
Two big reasons which make Manitoba immigration attractive and easier are requirement of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) score of 5 or higher and minimum 2 year of last 5 years experience in required field.